christopher575 (christopher575) wrote,


Sometimes I miss the days when we were all sending in quicker posts via flickr because it was easy and things didn't pile up. But it's just not how to do it now. Imagine if each photo in a typical post of mine was its own post. It's weird to even think about. But now I find myself after a busy few days ready for bed, but knowing I'd better get the post out first.

Thursday afternoon and Evening were fun. Ana came over from Port Orchard so we could take advantage of the fire sale at the tattoo shop. It was my second time and I got my other foot tattooed.


On the left is the Starheadboy sticker I found downtown under the freeway 8.5 years ago, and on the right is the tattoo. I've wanted it ever since I found it, but I didn't want it big, and have been mostly concentrating on the larger stuff for a while. Perfect subject for that sale, though. Ana came over for dinner and we had a swell time visiting.

Friday was my third day last week walking with Melissa, and we had a nice time.

I normally walk at the marina on Tuesdays, but with her walking with me Monday/Wednesday/Friday, Tuesday and Thursday were pool days. So we did the Marina on Friday. She lives down there on a boat, so I picked her up at her slip and we drove over to the park so I could leave the Podo camera. Once again, not a lot of photos because I had company.


Friday's awesome walk, 6.25 miles in 1:56, 13,096 steps
6.25 miles in 1:56, 13,096 steps

If you pay more attention than I bet anyone does to the maps, you'll notice we walked somewhere I haven't gone, to the end of the pier on the lower left. I've walked onto it for pictures before, but never went all the way to the end. It's pretty long, so I may as well do it regularly.

That video looks like I may have accidentally put in the last part at a slower speed. That's entirely possible, but I've settled into a really mechanical routine and doubt it happened. If it didn't, it's pretty cool how suddenly the clouds slowed down.

After the walk I went to WinCo to pick some Zima up. I knew they had it because my friend Liz sent me a photo from there the day before. These are mine, though.


We each had a couple that night and they taste as good as I remember. And I left the camera running all day in the back yard.

Oh and Garrett took Friday off. We went to lunch at Terracotta Red, which he's been wanting to try for a long time. The first time we went over there was when we discovered they don't do lunch on weekends the hard way. The second was with Jenn and Jason the night of the Duran Duran concert. I didn't think to make reservations and it would have been hard anyway since they were coming up from Seattle. The wait was too long, so we moved on. I'm glad he liked it and I'm so happy he's finally been there; I've wanted to take people but would have felt bad about it. I took this photo because I love the way they did the plaster on the walls.


Saturday was mostly spent relaxing at home with Garrett, though I did run out for some thrift store shopping. Haven't been doing that much lately, but we needed prizes for our July 4th Croquet tournament. I left the Podo running all day in the back yard.

It was a very typical Sunday morning today, though I didn't immediately go to the paved trail, figuring I could end with it today. I got a little bit further up the Northeast trail than I have in a while, because they've mowed. Which isn't to say my feet didn't get wet, but just my feet got wet, not everything from my navel down.

This is officially the lowest I've ever seen the water here. I know because today was the first time I ever saw duck tracks in the mud.


Pretty Squares.


On my way back to the car, I thought, it's been a while since I saw a deer right over there that time. And then there was a deer!


I didn't go as far today because I wanted to do a deep clean of the litter closet when I got home, plus I had to call Dad today and we always talk for a long time.

Today's awesome walk, 5.33 miles in 1:56, 12,474 steps
5.33 miles in 1:56, 12,474 steps

And my new tattoo left a little ink ghost inside my sock.


We had a very nice time at Dennis and Bev's place this afternoon. Bella says hi.

Hi Bella


  • How I do it

    One of my goals for water fitness is to do a new playlist almost every time, at least in my own class. If I'm subbing? I'll probably just choose one…

  • Hell week ends, new schedule begins

    I forgot to mention something very cute in my last post. Debbie (the first person in that photo) brought me an apple for my first day teaching! It…

  • Lemon, it's Wednesday

    Finally after all the months of waiting, yesterday was my first day officially teaching. Some of my pals from Everett joined, and I'm so glad they…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened